1) Build a following by connecting other social media accounts such as, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn to your Instagram page. Make sure you use relevant, popular hashtags. Follow others and like their images.
2) Premiere videos to promote your business. Remember that Instagram videos have a 15 second cap so make your video persuasive and straight to the point. You want to make sure that you are informing your followers on the latest news revolving around your business in these videos as well.
3) Embed your Instagram video on your business website. This will enable viewers to be connected to your site where they will more informed on all that your business entails.
4) Have a posting plan. You want to be in touch with your followers use of Instagram so that you will know when and what to post in reference to your business. You don’t want to dominate your followers Instagram feeds but you do need to be consistent with your posts. This will up chances of your business being effective.
5) Take advantage of the many different apps that are out there to enhance how you promote your business. There are so many apps at your disposal that you can utilize to improve your pictures, video, quotes, and even networking.
6) Posts photos that are relevant to your business. They can even be inspiring quotes. Remember to have a balance of inspirational quotes with updated photos of your business.
7) Reward your followers through contest! This is good for business because it is a promotional tool that can expand your business offline. You can give out freebies (t-shirt, cups, pens etc.)
8) Familiarize yourself with current trends so that you can direct your marketing to targeted audiences.
9) Be attentive to other businesses similar to yours on Instagram to improve your business strategies.
10) Network with other business owners on Instagram. If you are successful at this, other businesses with promote you as well to their followers.
Do you have an Instagram? A what? An Instagram! That is a lot like how the conversation went between me and this guy at a friend’s party a few years ago. I thought he was just social media advanced and I never knew that it would become the must-have pertaining to social media. Now that I am more familiar with Instagram, I am confused to why it is so popular. The whole concept of the site is unoriginal and contributes to vain behavior. Myspace, Facebook, and Twitter afford its users the opportunity to post pictures and videos. All of those sites also enable its users to have friends/followers and send messages. So I just have to ask, what makes Instagram so special? According to a presentation I watched in my Digital Publishing & Production class, Instagram is being used by many news media outlets to assist them in the reporting and updating of their news stories. I suppose it being another option among other social media sites is incentive enough to create one and jump on the bandwagon. As the old saying goes, “pictures say a thousand words” and since that’s really what Instagram is all about, I suppose I will break out with the baby pictures.
When I think of Twitter, I ask myself, how did it get to be so popular? Yes, Twitter allows you to upload pictures or even share them via Facebook and Instagram, but who knew that millions of people would join a site solely designed for its users to express their thoughts and feelings. I suppose that the more followers you have, the more interesting your heart and mind must be. Myspace and Facebook offer a variety of features including the opportunity for its users to posts their thoughts and feelings. However, Twitter is a place where people can not only express their deepest thoughts but be given a platform to talk to people they never would have been able to otherwise without the limitations of knowing who they are. Twitter has played a role in formalizing and unfortunately demolishing marriages, divorces, careers, education, finances, as well as the relationships of family and friends. Overall, Twitter is an impactful social networking site that almost seems timeless in our culture.
Twitter, a social networking site established in 2006, is a reelection of the levels of advancement in our communication system. It can compete with not only the traditional telecommunication outlets but the journalistic ones as well. Also, those traditional journalism outlets have embraced Twitter as an alternative avenue to inform, and even entertain their respective followers. People have the opportunity to tweet those that they may not have access to via phone, address, or email. They can receive news fast that they may miss on the radio or television due to their lack of access. Although, it has its perks, it paralyzes the language of its users when it only allows tweets to be limited to 140 characters. In many cases you have to “dumb” down your tweet if you want to get a really good point across or if you have a lot to express on your mind. Facebook and Myspace aren’t limited by characters or content in the areas of posting your thoughts and feelings. What makes Twitter so great in comparison to Myspace and Facebook?